Teaching resources and lesson plans
To access the teacher guidance booklet and lesson plans, head to the resources page below.
Once your pupils have followed the activities and created their "thank you" to NHS staff, they are ready to send in their entries!
Ready to send in your entry?
Remember to send us every pupil’s creation. We’d love to see them all!
We encourage you to submit your entries online but if this isn’t possible, there is a freepost address.
The important details
Pupils are tasked with saying “thank you" to the NHS after their learning in the core resources about the job roles and opportunities available.
Pupils should be encouraged to reflect on which job or team they want to say "thank you" to and create the thank you.
Challenge pupils to think about:
- the wide range of jobs they have learnt about
- surprising facts they have collected
- how the NHS has helped them, one of their friends or family.
Pupils will need to produce:
Creative artwork: painting, drawing, temporary street artwork, performance, video or slideshow
Creative writing: a story, song, poem or thank you card
Pupils can enter individually or as a pair.
Entries must be received no later than Saturday 30 April 2022.
Overall national winning pupil(s) will receive Amazon vouchers worth £50. Overall national winner(s) school will be offered a class prize which will be discussed with the winning school.
Regional winners will each receive an Amazon voucher worth £25
Highly commended certificates will also be awarded
Whether they enter individually or as a pair, each pupil will receive a prize if their entry is chosen
25%: Understanding of NHS careers
- Are the pupils aware of the range of NHS careers and services?
25%: Challenging stereotypes
- Have the pupils explored the challenging of gender stereotypes?
- Is the design creative and attractive?
- Anything that demonstrates that they have gone the extra mile with their work
Competition terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all primary schools, in England only.
- Pupils can enter individually or in pairs.
- Only one entry per pupil or pair will be accepted. There is no restriction on the number of entries received from schools.
- The closing date for the competition is 30 April 2022.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed in the post. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- The panel of judges will include at least one member who is independent of the promoter. The decision of the judges is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first prize will be awarded to the entry deemed by the judges to have said "thank you" to the NHS in the most engaging way and that best meets the above criteria.
- Ten regional winners will be selected, with one regional winner being chosen as the overall national winner. One regional winner will be chosen from each of the following NHS regions: East Midlands; East of England; London; North East; North West; Thames Valley and Wessex; Kent, Surrey and Sussex; South West; West Midlands, and Yorkshire and the Humber.
- The child – or pair – who submits the winning entry, will receive a prize for their school and each receive an Amazon voucher to the value of £50.
- The children selected as regional winners will each receive an Amazon voucher to the value of £25.
- There is no cash alternative for any prize in this competition.
- We will aim to notify winning schools in writing by the end of May 2022.
- Entries will not be returned to the school at the end of the competition.
- Health Education England reserves the right to reproduce and utilise in whole or in part the entries submitted by pupils for information, publicity and promotional purposes.
- By entering, each school agrees to secure parental agreement and authorises the use of names and addresses of the establishment to which it belongs and the names of participating teachers and pupils in any information, publicity or promotional activity linked to this competition.
- Entering this competition implies full and complete acceptance of these terms and conditions of which entry instructions form a part. Promoter: Health Education England. Registered address: Health Education England, 1st floor, Blenheim House, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4PL. (Please DO NOT send entries to this address. Thank you.)